Dental implants with a dentist in Lubbock TX
Thanks to the continued advancements in restorative dentistry, Lubbock, TX area patients no longer have to suffer from broken teeth. Instead, many patients opt for a solution known as dental implants. If you are not familiar with the benefits of dental implants, consider the following information provided by Dr. Cole Sutak of Lone Star Smiles.
What are dental implants?
Dr. Cole Sutak describes dental implants as dental restorations that are made to act as tooth root replacements. These implants are made of titanium, a metal that is biocompatible with the body. Since dental implants are stable and robust, they can last a lifetime as they are fused with the jawbone. They are the most desirable option for replacing one or more teeth within the smile. They look, feel, and function just like the remaining natural teeth.
Do dental implants hurt?
There is some recovery time after a dental implant has been placed during which patients might experience minor discomfort. In most situations, the patients can manage any discomfort with over-the-counter pain medications prescribed by their dentist.
Are dental implants safe?
Absolutely! When placed by an experienced provider, dental implants are completely safe and can be a great way to repair the smile.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants have many advantages. They:
- Are used in a variety of situations.
- Provide a permanent alternative to bridges and dentures.
- Allow patients to maintain their natural jawbone.
- Function like natural teeth
- Are natural-looking and hard to distinguish from remaining natural teeth.
- Are versatile, replacing one or several teeth.
- Are quickly restored with replaceable restorations, including crowns and bridges.
- Are placed by an experienced dentist to ensure a successful procedure.
- Fuse to the jawbone to ensure a lifetime of beautiful smiles!
Call the team at Lone Star Smiles today
If you reside in the area of Lubbock, TX, and want to work with a family-friendly dentist to achieve a healthier smile, we welcome you to call our office to book a consultation appointment today with Dr. Cole Sutak. He invites new and existing patients and families into his state-of-the-art facility.